Monday, December 29, 2008

Halloween 2008






Here are some pictures of the girls at the pumpkin patch this fall! They had so much fun! Natalia picked out a small pumpkin and Lauryn picked out the larger one that we used for the Jack-o-Lantern.

On Halloween day, the pre-schoolers learned all the safety rules and put them to practice that morning. They went trick or treating to several places around the school. Their first stop was to the principals office. Her job was to open an M&M wrapper, nibble on a couple of M&Ms and then give that candy to one of the kids. They put what they learned to practice by not taking any candy that was opened. They also visited the media center, computer lab, etc...
One of their last stops was my class. When I opened the door I had been told to try to trick them to come in my classroom before I gave them candy. They did a really good job by declining my invitation. I gave them candy and they went on their merry way. Here is a picture Nati's teacher took of us afterwards.

After school that evening the church hosted a "Trunk or Treat". We cleaned out our pumpkin and Danilo carved a really intricate design. He did a really good job. By looking at it you can't tell that this was the first pumpkin he had ever carved! Here I am finishing Anthony's makeup.
Oooohhhh. Scary. I loved it, I'm really into vampires lately you know!

A picture of Kaylee, Natalia, and Jesse. Natalia wanted to be Aurora this year, but I found this costume and bought it right away! I just loved the wings. It's of Barbie Mariposa. As soon as she saw it, she forgot all about the other princess. Who could resist glittery wings?



Hannah and Lauryn posing as witches. Lauryn is over the princess stage and she wanted something scarier. I was not ready to let my girly girl leave me so I convinced her to be a fun witch by adding bright orange accents. She liked it.



This is the pumpkin Danilo carved. It won the "Scariest Pumpkin" award!!!!

No comments: